Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday (12)


Happy Tuesday! Today I've decided to participate in Top Ten Tuesday, formerly hosted by Jamie at The Broke and the Bookish, now hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl.

Today's topic is: 

Books I Disliked/Hated but Am Really Glad I Read

Image result for city of fallen angels book coverThe Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)Nightshade (Nightshade #1; Nightshade World #4)
Warrior Witch  (The Malediction Trilogy, #3)Weather Witch (Weather Witch, #1)Tiger's Curse (The Tiger Saga, #1)
Insatiable (Insatiable, #1)The Crown's Fate (The Crown's Game, #2)Tell the Wind and Fire
Ice Like Fire (Snow Like Ashes, #2)Promise of ShadowsThese Ruthless Deeds (These Vicious Masks, #2)


This was an easy topic for me. I feel like I tend to read books in a series that I know I won't like, just to keep going and finish the series. You'll notice that most of these books are sequels. It's a continuity thing - I like to finish what I start. But at the same time, it probably would be easier for me if I just stopped in the series when I think I won't enjoy the rest. It's so risky though! What if the series gets better? Such a struggle.

11 comments:

  1. Your reasoning is what has me doing the same thing. I've had two series this year where technically I could have stopped with the book before b/c that was a natural place to end things, but I just had to go forward with the new series arc out of curiosity and got a disappointment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read CoFA and Ruthless, but I didn't hate them. I admire your persistence when it comes to series, but if I am not enjoying it, I don't pick up the next book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eek. Too many favorites here. Though I will even admit, that as much as I wanted to love Weather Witch since I ADORE Shannon's first series, I really didn't like it all that much. I think I gave them pretty low stars and yet I kept going back for more because I was hoping to find that spark I found with her first series. Sadly, it just never happened.


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes sense to want to continue series and see what happens, though sorry it doesn't seem to always work out! I've never actually read a book by Cassie Clare. They never really interested me, and my sister tried the first book and said she'd probably have liked it when she was younger - so I kind of think I'd be the same.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see Nightshade. I liked those books but the last one I got sooooo freaking mad over. =/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I felt the same about Warrior Witch. Glad I got to finish the trilogy, even if the ending was such a slap in the face!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked Tiger's Curse but lost interest as the series went on. I never wound up tapping out at the third book. The same happened for Mortal Instruments, too. It just started to go all over the place at one point, and I just couldn't continue reading it. However, I'm glad I read them both. They were interesting concepts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lot of these books are on my TBR and I hope I enjoy them. I especially want to read Nightshade since it's been on my shelf for years and I haven't really read a werewolf book before. Thanks for sharing your list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So bummed you didn't enjoy The Beauty of Darkness and Ice Like Fire! I'm currently reading The Kiss of Deception and really enjoying it so, I'm definitely picking up the rest of the series and hopefully, finishing it before the year is over! I read Snow Like Ashes last year and really enjoyed it as well so, I'm looking forward to seeing how the story will progress! Thanks for sharing!

    Elena @ Book Lady's Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. everything there just takes my breath away

    ReplyDelete
  11. What! You did not like City of Fallen Angels? :( Heartbreak. Been so long since I read it, but gosh, how I love all of those books, haha. <3 Such an awesome post Alyssa :D Thank you for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!